Posted by Kay Pardue on June 1, 2015
6 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Adopted
Today and throughout history, there have been many well-known individuals whose lives have been directly impacted by adoption. We are grateful that they have shared about their experiences! Here is a list of six celebrities you may not know were adopted:
- Steve Jobs: An entrepreneur, inventor, and eventual co-founder and CEO of Apple, Steve was adopted at birth by Californian couple Paul and Clara Jobs.
- John Lennon: A legendary singer-songwriter who rose to worldwide fame as a co-founder of the Beatles, John was adopted by his aunt after his parents were unable to care for him.
- Eleanor Roosevelt: The longest-serving First Lady of the United States and a well-known activist, Eleanor moved in with her adoptive grandmother following the death of both of her parents.
- Michael Bay: A filmmaker best known for directing big-budget action films like the Transformers series, Michael was adopted as a young child.
- Dave Thomas: Founder and CEO of the Wendy’s fast-food restaurant chain, Dave was adopted at just six weeks old. He later created the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.
- Faith Hill: One of the most successful country artists of all time, having sold more than 40 million records worldwide, Faith was adopted as an infant in Mississippi.
While we celebrate the significant accomplishments of each of these individuals, we know that the lives of all children are valuable not because of what they accomplish, but because their Creator has given their lives meaning and purpose. It is with this in mind that caring for orphans in distress carries its proper significance. Show Hope recognizes the inherent dignity of each child as we work to restore the hope of a family to orphans around the world. Click here to learn more about how you can help provide care to orphans with pressing medical needs through our Special Care Centers. Click here for more information about helping waiting children find their forever families by contributing to adoption aid!
Leave a Reply